All TERRA loading arms come with proven ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints.
SVT ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints are modular and thus usable in a wide variety of applications:
They can operate in temperatures from -320.8 °F to +482 °F (-196 °C to +250 °C). The swivel joints can be made from various materials to suit all kinds of products, whether toxic, aggressive, or explosive.
They can also be fitted with liners and/or heaters that allow handling of extremely challenging products.
SVT ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints feature a full-port, flow-optimized design that minimizes pressure drop. The swivel joints are vacuum-tested and suitable for operating pressures up to 725.2 psi (50 bar).
SVT ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints have hardened ball raceways, which avoids the need for separate raceway rings and all the problems that presents.
Swivel joints can be built with single or double ball races, depending on the application.
With their long-lasting lubrication, SVT ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints are virtually maintenance-free; they run smoothly throughout their service lives, even in continuous use.
All swivel joints are flanged on both ends in order to simplify inspection and maintenance. All seals can be accessed quickly thanks to the optimized placement of the swivel joints.
All SVT ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints feature double dynamic seals for maximum reliability. The sealing surfaces in the swivel joints are generally made of stainless steel. Different sealing systems and materials (e.g. FPM, PTFE, CSM, EPDM, PE) can be used to perfectly adapt the swivel joints to various substances and temperatures.
An optional seal purging system prevents highly problematic fluids from escaping into the atmosphere under any circumstances.
SVT ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints can also be equipped with seals that have minimal dead space and/or FDA-approved sealing materials. SVT ROTAFLEX Swivel Joint seals do not require regular replacement.
SVT ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints for land loading arms are available in nominal bores of DN 50 to DN 250 and are certified to relevant international standards. They are also type-approved and TA-Luft-certified.
SVT ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints for cryogenic applications (such as LNG at temperatures down to -320.8 °F (-196 °C)) do not need to be cooled down at a particular rate so you can start loading even sooner. Instead of lubricating the ball bearings with long-lasting grease, the raceways are purged with nitrogen gas.
Highlights – ROTAFLEX Swivel Joints
- Nominal bore from DN 50 to DN 200
- Operating temperature of -320.8 °F to +482 °F (-196 °C to +250 °C)
- Operating pressures up to 725.2 psi (50 bar)
- Lining and/or heating available
- Flanged on both ends
- Available in single- or double-race versions
- Hardened ball races without race rings
- Sealing surfaces made of stainless seal
- Double dynamic seals
- Different sealing materials (e.g. FPM, PTFE, CSM, EPDM, PE)
- Seal purging available
- Sealing systems with minimal dead space and/or FDA-approved sealing materials
- No regular seal replacement required
- Certified to relevant international standards
- Type-approved and TA-Luft-certified
- ROTAFLEX Cryogenic Swivel Joints do not need to be cooled down at a special rate